Thursday, June 25, 2009

Blender Fail.

To catch y'all up: Currently working on exporting animation from Blender in the format (.dae) that Papervision3D (the flash file that scripts the AR) supports. Here is a video of what that animation should look like:



So far, I've gotten Little Clown to export, as a still frame, from Blender in Collada 1.4 (.dae) format, but Collada does not support animation of modifiers. I thought I could get away with exporting him, animated, as a .fbx file and then converting in AutoDesk Converter to .dae. No such luck as of yet, though.

I think what I need to do is apply a "shape key" animation for each shape change, which is so frustrating, but luckily not excrutiatingly difficult or tedious-- I already did it for the lattice (the modifier that makes the balloon move).

Incertitude is the crux of digital media, and the aspect of it that most tests whether or not one really wants to be doing it. Once I make it though this, it'll reaffirm my capacity to continue in this field.

But until then, I want to throw Blender out a window. I would say throw myself out, but I have other things to live for. Blender does not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! That's right:-) Blender can die! We will live on!!! btw Your animation looks cool:-)